Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE- Affiliation No. 1030004), New Delhi and offers education to girls from class L.K.G. to XII. The medium of instruction is English.
Status of Affiliation
- Year of Establishment : 1957
- Affiliation No. : 1030004 (Provisional)
- Affiliation with the board since : Year 1970
- Provisional Extension of Affiliation upto : 31.03.2028
Registration of Society
- TERESIAN CARMEL EDUCATION SOCIETY : Registered under Section 25 of the Company Act,1956 (Lifetime)
- NOC Details : Recognised by Madhya Pradesh Board
- NOC No : 265/ 2341/ 2018 /20 – 3 (DISE) 23040501032
- From 20th March' 2023 - 15th March' 2024 (Class I to IX)
- From 20th March' 2023 - February' 2024 (Classes X and XII)
- From 17th April' 2023 - 15th March' 2024 (Class XI)
- The aim of education is not only cognitive development, but also building character and creating holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with the key 21st century skills. Hence, experiential learning including arts-integrated and sports-integrated education, for exploring relations among different subjects, will be adopted. Art-integration utilizes various aspects and forms of art and culture as the basis for learning of concepts across subjects. Sports-integration utilizes physical activities including indigenous sports, to help in developing skills - collaboration, self-initiative, self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, citizenship and adopt fitness as a lifelong attitude.
- Foundational Stage: Class 1 and 2
The Foundational Stage, will consist of flexible, multilevel, play/activity-based, interactive classroom learning with a focus on developing cognitive, affective, and psychomotor abilities and early literacy and numeracy. The students will be assessed through Activity-based Formative Assessment, Periodic Test , Multiple Assessments , Subject Enrichment Activities and Term-End Examination.
- Preparatory Stage: Classes 3 to 5
The Preparatory Stage focus on reading, writing, speaking, counting, arithmetic, and mathematical thinking - throughout the curriculum with a robust system of continuous Periodic Test , Multiple Assessments , Subject Enrichment Activities and Term-End Examination to track and thereby individualize and ensure each student's learning.
- Middle Stage : Classes 6 to 8
In the Middle Stage, Experiential learning within each subject, and explorations of relations among different subjects, will be encouraged and emphasized. The Students will be assessed through two term end examinations. Regular assessment in the form of periodic Test, Multiple Assessments, Subject Enrichment Activities, Portfolio will be included in each term.
- Secondary Stage : Classes 9 to 12
In the Secondary stage, multidisciplinary approach will aid in the development of students' emotional intelligence, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. This will ensure year-long learning rather than cramming at the last minute. Students will be participating in holistic learning at this point
- *Class IX & X : Students are assessed through two Term-End Examinations (Class IX) and Board Examination (Class X) with the weightage of 80 marks. Remaining 20 marks are to be gathered through Internal Assessment which is inclusive of the three periodic tests(PTs), Multiple Assessments(MA), Portfolio (Ptf) and Subject Enrichment Activities. Class X will appear for 2(two) pre-board examinations (1st pre-board will be marked as Periodic Test 3)
- *Class XI & XII : In Class XI, students are assessed through Periodic Tests(3) and Term-end Examinations(2). For Std XII there will be two periodic Tests and two pre-board examinations
- The medium of instruction is English. In class I-VIII Hindi is taught daily. Sanskrit is taught from class V-VIII as the third language. In class IX and X students can opt for Hindi/ Sanskrit as their second language (The student opting Sanskrit in IX should secure 80% marks in Sanskrit in class VIII). In class XI and XII students can opt Applied Mathematics/ Computer Science / Dance-Kathak / Physical Education / Hindustani Music(Vocal) / Painting as an optional subject.
- The House System:
The students are divided into four houses – Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. Each House has its Captain and Vice-Captain. Certain school activities are conducted under the guidance of the House Mistresses, assisted by the Captains and Vice-Captains of the different Houses. The Head-Girl and the Vice-Head Girl co-ordinate all these activities.
The school lays great emphasis on physical fitness of students and desires to inculcate in them the spirit of sportsmanship. Various facilities for games, sports and recreational activities for all are provided. These include Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Table-Tennis, Kho-Kho and volleyball. Through these activities the students are encouraged to achieve individual efficiency and the spirit of team work. Inter-class and Inter-house competitions are conducted as schedule. Special efforts are taken to trian students to improve their confidence and self-esteem through Martial Arts.
- Other Activities:
The school organizes competitions in Dramatics, Debates, Elocutions, Quiz, Art & Craft, Music, etc. to develop in the students a creative and communicative competence and to help them to bring out their talents to the fullest. Students are also prepared for various inter-school competitions.
Curricular & Co-Curricular Clubs: The in-charges plan and host various activities for the students to enhance their talents according to their interest.