Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE- Affiliation No. 1030004), New Delhi and offers education to girls from class L.K.G. to XII. The medium of instruction is English.
Status of Affiliation
- Year of Establishment : 1957
- Affiliation No. : 1030004 (Provisional)
- Affiliation with the board since : Year 1970
- Extension of affiliation upto : 31.03.2018
Registration of Society
- TERESIAN CARMEL EDUCATION SOCIETY : Registered under Section 25 of the Company Act,1956 (Lifetime)
- NOC Details : Recognised by Madhya Pradesh Board
- NOC No : (DISE) 23040501032
- From 16th March 2017 - March' 2018 (Classes I - V)
- From 23th March 2017 - March' 2018 (Classes VI - IX)
- From 10th April 2017 - February' 2018 (Class X)
- From 27th June 2017 - March' 2018 (Class XI)
- From 16th March 2017 - February' 2018 (Class XII)
The school follows a grading system for all classes from I - X .
- Class I - V
Conceptual development is achieved through a continuous process of assessment of the mental, physical and social skills of the students. The students are evaluated through various assessments.
- Class VI – VIII
Students are assessed through half-yearly and Final Examination with a weightage of 80 marks respectively. Remaining 20 marks of both the terms are to be gathered through Internal Assessment which is inclusive of three periodic tests, notebook submission and subject enrichment activity.
- Class IX- X
Students are assessed through a Final Examination with a weightage of 80 marks. Remaining 20 marks are to be gathered through Internal Assessment which is inclusive of three periodic tests, notebook submission and subject enrichment activity.
- Class XI - XII
In Class XI, students are assessed through Quarterly , Half-Yearly and Annual Examination. For Std XII there will be a Quarterly, Half-Yearly and a Pre-Board Examination.
- Computer science is also given impetus and taught from class I onwards to enable the students to have a first hand knowledge to step confidently into today's world of computers. The computer labs are utilized to enhance education through digital learning.
- Smart classes are introduced in order to assist the students in their learning process.
- The medium of instruction is English. In classes I-VIII Hindi is taught daily in all the classes. Sanskrit is taught from classes V-VIII as third language. In classes IX-X students can opt Hindi/Sanskrit as their second language. In classes XI-XII students can opt Hindi / Mathematics / Computer Science / Dance-Bharatanatyam or Kathak / Physical Education / Hindustani Music(Vocal) / Painting as optional subject.