Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE- Affiliation No. 1030004), New Delhi and offers education to girls from class L.K.G. to XII. The medium of instruction is English.
Status of Affiliation
- Year of Establishment : 1957
- Affiliation No. : 1030004 (Provisional)
- Affiliation with the board since : Year 1970
- Extension of affiliation upto : 31.03.2019 (Provisional)
Registration of Society
- TERESIAN CARMEL EDUCATION SOCIETY : Registered under Section 25 of the Company Act,1956 (Lifetime)
- NOC Details : Recognised by Madhya Pradesh Board
- NOC No : 265/ 2341/ 2018 /20 – 3 (DISE) 23040501032
- From 18th March 2019 - March' 2020 (Classes I - IX)
- From 18th March 2019 - February' 2020 (Classes X and XII)
- From 01st July 2019 - March' 2020 (Class XI)
- Class I - V
Conceptual development is achieved through a continuous process of assessment of the mental, physical and social skills of the students. The students are evaluated through four assessments, two in each term.
- Class VI - VIII
Students are assessed through two term end examinations with the weightage of 80 marks each. Regular internal assessment in the form of Periodic Test (10%), notebook submission (5%) and subject enrichment activity (5%) will be included (total 20%) in each term.
- Class IX - X
Students are assessed through a Final Examination (Class IX) and Board Examination (Class X) with the weightage of 80 marks. Remaining 20 marks are to be gathered through Internal Assessment which is inclusive of the three periodic tests, notebook submission and subject enrichment activity. Class X will appear for a pre-board examination prior to their board exam.
- Class XI - XII
In Class XI, students are assessed through Quarterly, Half Yearly and Annual Examination. For Std XII there will be a Quarterly, Half-Yearly and a Pre-Board Examination.
- Computer science is also given impetus and taught from class I onwards to enable the students to have a first-hand knowledge to step confidently into today's world of computers. The computer labs and the classrooms are utilized to enhance education through digital learning.
- The medium of instruction is English. In class I-VIII Hindi is taught daily. Sanskrit is taught from class V-VIII as the third language. In class IX and X students can opt for Hindi/Sanskrit as their second language.(The student opting Sanskrit in IX should secure 80% marks in Sanskrit in class VIII) In class XI and XII students can opt Hindi / Mathematics / Computer Science / Dance-Bharatanatyam or Kathak / Physical Education / Hindustani Music(Vocal) / Painting as an optional subject.
- THE HOUSE SYSTEM
The students are divided into four houses - Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. Each House has its Captain and Vice-Captain. Certain school activities are conducted under the guidance of the House Mistresses, assisted by the Captains and ViceCaptains of the different Houses. The Head-Girl and the Vice-Head Girl co-ordinate all these activities.
The school lays great emphasis on physical fitness of students and desires to inculcate in them the spirt of sportsmanship. Various facilities for games, sports and recreational activities for all are provided. These include Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Table-Tennis, Kho-Kho and volleyball. Through these activities the students are encouraged to achieve individual efficiency and the spirit of team work. Inter-class and Inter-house competitions are conducted as scheduled, special efforts are taken to impart quality training in different sports activities.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES
The school organizes competitions in Dramatics, Debates, Elocutions, Quiz, Art & Craft, Music, etc. to develop in the students a creative and communicative competence and to help them to bring out their talents to the fullest. Students are also prepared for various inter-school competitions.