- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school authorities in enforcing regularity and discipline. Please see that your children prepare their lessons and their homework regularly. Parents should take an active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- Remarks made in the diary should be seen and signed as a proof that you have read them.
- If you observe that your child is not assigned homework for some time or that she is unable to follow the lessons, the Teacher-in-charge should be contacted.
- During School hours, parents/guardians are not allowed to see their children or interview teachers or visit the class room or walk about in the School premises etc. They need permission from the Principal to do so.
- Withdrawal of your child from class for social function is not advised because it retards the student's progress in school and detracts her from regular studies.
- As the medium of instruction in the school is English, children should be helped to follow their classes daily and intelligently by a certain amount of English conversation at home.
- Children, who are ill, should not be sent to school even if examinations are going on.
- Children should do their homework by themselves. They should not be helped in it by parents or by tutors unless they really need it. It is important that the children develop a habit of studying and working on their own.
- Giving presents to the staff or other demonstrations of gratitude or good will in their honour is not allowed except with the prior permission of the Principal.
- Criticism of a child’s teacher and the school in her presence should be strictly avoided. It causes the child to lose respect for the teacher, with the consequent failure to learn from her. If you have a complaint, you may see the Principal, without fear of reprisal.
- As your child advances in age, guide her to become a resourceful member of home and the society. Encourage self-help for work and study. Children should be taught to keep their room tidy, make their own bed, polish their own shoes, carry their own bag etc. The formation of such habits early in life inculcates in them the idea of the dignity of work, a fundamental personal virtue, necessary for successful career in life.
- You are requested to pay special attention to the personal cleanliness of your child. Kindly see that your child attends the school in proper prescribed uniform. Please maintain the correct address in your child's school diary.
- Please note : The school does not take responsibility for providing transport facilities for the children. Parents are responsible for the same.
All Carmelites are expected to behave well at all times and in all places. The whole-hearted co-operation of the parents/guardians is expected at all times in the formation of the character of their children. As the child progresses from the lower to the higher classes, she will be given ample opportunity to shift from conforming to externally imposed order to self-imposed discipline.
The school will insist on strict punctuality, regular school attendance, cleanliness in dress, general grooming and fidelity to study and work assignment.
PARENT-TEACHER MEETING (PTM)
Parent-teacher meeting will be arranged periodically and information about the same will be given well in advance. The parents should make it a point to take this opportunity to discuss the progress of their ward. The school administration will take a serious view of parents regularly absenting themselves from such meetings or showing indifference towards their children's education.